HIV/AIDS in Rhode Island
- Over 3,000 persons in Rhode Island are infected with HIV/AIDS.
- 91% of HIV/AIDS cases are between the ages of 30-50+ years of age.
- 73% of persons living with HIV/AIDS are male.
- 21% of persons living with HIV/AIDS identify as heterosexual.
- More than one million people are living with HIV in the U.S.
- More than half a million people have died after developing AIDS.
- Every 9.5 minutes someone in the U.S. is diagnosed with HIV.
- Approximately 50,000 people are newly infected with HIV each year in the U.S.
- 21% of people living with HIV are undiagnosed
Statistics in this section are provided by the Center for Disease Control, www.cdc.gov, and The Rhode Island Department of Health, www.health.ri.gov.
Know Your Status
We offer FREE HIV and Hep C testing at our Prevention Center.