Services & Support
AIDS Care Ocean State is the largest provider of subsidized housing for persons living with HIV/AIDS.
We have built or developed 19 properties to serve our clients. We currently have 127 clients residing in 48 apartments that we own and operate. Federal funding sources allow us to sub-lease 47 apartments to assist an additional 76 clients.
ACOS Housing subsidy providers include:
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)
- City of Providence HOPWA
- Housing and Urban Development 811 (HUD 811): permanent housing for persons living with disabilities
- R.I. Housing Threshold
- Supportive Housing Program (SHP)
- Section 8 Project-Based
- Housing Choice Voucher Programs
ACOS Housing receives funding from the following:
- R.I. Housing (HOME)
- R.I. Housing Neighborhood Opportunities Program (NOP)
- HOWPA Special Projects of Significant Needs (SPINS)
- City of Providence Community Block Development Funds (CBDG)
- Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH)
- Local Initiative Support Corporation (LISC)
- R.I. Department of Health
Need more info? Email us today.
Your Help Matters
There’s always something happening at AIDS Care Ocean State and we rely on the support of individuals and the community to help us reach our goals.