Rapid Testing 101
Get free, anonymous and confidential HIV testing
Our testing sites are LGBT and IDU (what’s this?) friendly. Walk-ins are welcome during the Prevention Center hours or you can schedule an appointment.
- Test method: We use the OraQuick Advance rapid test. It can be done with an oral swab or a finger prick.
- Result time: Test results come back in 20 minutes
- Rapid tests can have 1 of 3 results:
- Non-reactive: no presence of HIV antibodies
- Reactive: HIV antibodies were discovered in your system
- Invalid: the test was faulty and a new test will be given
- Rapid testing is a screening device and cannot diagnose someone as HIV positive.
- If you receive a reactive result, a confirmatory test will be done to detect the HIV virus
AIDS Care Ocean State partners with additional sites to make HIV testing easy, convenient and accessible.
Free Safe Sex Kits
AIDS Care Ocean State provides FREE safe sex kits to the public.
Help Support ACOS
We rely on your support to provide our services to over 500 individuals and families who are infected or affected by HIV/AIDS.