AIDS Care Ocean State wants you to protect yourself from HIV/AIDS.
Here’s how you can:
- Abstinence: refraining from sexual intercourse is one of the best ways to protect yourself.
- Practice safe sex: if you are sexually active, you should take proper precaution. Use a condom or dental dam every time. We offer free safe sex kits at our Prevention Center.
- Avoid stereotypes: anyone can be infected with HIV/AIDS.
- Educate: Learn about HIV/AIDS, its causes and consequences to better protect you and others.
- Get Tested: Everyone should get tested at least once. We offer free HIV and hepatitis C testing at our Prevention Center.
- Communicate: Talk to your sexual partners about your risk factors and ask them about theirs.
- Remember: 1 in 4 people does not know they are infected with HIV. Many people may not realize they are at risk.
- Avoid: sharing needs if you are an injecting drug user. Use clean needles every time. Learn more about our ENCORE Needle Exchange program if you need clean needles.
Know Your Status
We offer FREE HIV and Hep C testing at our Prevention Center.